Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Listener no. 4361: Two for the Price of One by Monk
IP: 91.227.222.140

‘The first thing that you need when setting a thematic puzzle is a good idea; you have that…,’ is what the dearly-missed Radix wrote when reviewing my first puzzle. (Mind you it was followed by ‘…after that it is all downhill I am afraid’!) Here we had a superb idea for a puzzle which I had never come across before and had to get someone to explain. But once I knew the rules I found the endgame just the right level to be fun.

Coincidentally I was admiring the clues of a Monk FT puzzle on Fifteensquared days before this was published so quite chuffed to see this. He is such an inventive cluesmith.

I thoroughly enjoyed both elements of the puzzle, but I was left wondering whether such a good idea from such a good setter could have reached another level if the first part had been more thematic. I know that I am being harsh, but great ideas don’t come around that often; at least not for me.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording