Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(1): Listener no. 4361: Two for the Price of One by Monk
IP: 210.50.76.132

I enjoyed solving the clues and completing the grid, but had no idea of what the second puzzle was or required. Living in Australia, I assumed that a train track puzzle was all the go in the UK. How would you have fared, John, if you had not found someone to explain it to you? How was one to know that the cell 'NW' did not mean 'proceed in a north-westerly direction', which is how I interpreted it? Googling did not help much; but, even if it had, the Notes make clear that setters must not assume that every solver has access to the net. I am surprised that an explanation was not part of the preamble, as it is for a Playfair puzzle. The lack provided an unwelcome third puzzle. Fortunately, like you, I was helped with an explanation from a friendly solver. I am sure, however, that some in the dark nutted it out without help, and enjoyed the nutting. I didn't. Sorry to be a sourpuss.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording