Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(5): Georgie
IP: 92.30.187.223

I am very sad to hear of the loss of another close friend. Georgie started writing her witty emails to me when the Crossword Centre first started. She was a very clever and caring person but did not suffer fools gladly.

I met her a couple of times and was invited to spend a weekend at her Suffolk cottage. We spent most of the time solving crosswords and eating in her local pub.

Georgie was a trained proof-reader and I always asked her to check any articles I had written. Her comments and her skill with punctuation were wonderful.

Earlier this year we had a long conversation after the death of Trevor Crowther. Trevor had become her close friend and Trevor would phone her almost every night. Georgie insisted that she should contribute towards the cost of the Crowther Cup.

Georgie had suffered with health issues all the time that I knew her. When she did not reply to my most recent emails I guessed she might be unwell. She will be missed by many.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording