Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(7): Georgie
IP: 121.210.165.142

I mourn the loss of a great friend, whom I met through these pages. Neither of us could remember what started our correspondence, which became occasionally a phone call Then when I said I was coming to England some years ago, she invited me to stay at Swan House. On my next visit she had moved to a smaller, which I named Cygnet House. The last of three visits there coincided with Listener 4000. She had ordered two copies of the Times, and we spent a day separately solving, but communicating in a fug of cigarette smoke. After the oral surgery she restricted visitors severely. On my last two trips to England she would not be seen. But we talked. I rang her less seldom. The last time was to express sorrow at Trevor's death. She had stopped reading this message board, and so did not know of it. She was devastated: although I understand they had never met, he would ring every day.

Georgie was everything that others have written of her. And brave. In the depths of depression, which often engulfed her, to face each day was an act of bravery and resolve. A rare spirit. Valete, dear Georgie

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording