Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Listener 4364: Plants by Ottorino
IP: 78.144.120.187

Not the first time we have had to cross swords with this theme and I was on the scent pretty swiftly. With 1ac falling out early on, giving All for One, and then Dumas materialising near the top of the grid, the strong hint in the wording of the preamble got me on to the appropriate relative. Strangely I had already looked up La Traviata for another crossword that same weekend so that part was familiar to me. The connection between the elements was new to me, so it was interesting to discover.

Despite unravelling the theme quickly, the clues were a stiff challenge and it was fun sorting out the different types. I was relieved to read that CHAPKA was allowed as an alternative as I had not considered CZAPKA at all! Also nice to see that there was one aptly named winner!

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording