LA City Rankings #3 IP: 22.214.171.124 Posted on October 25, 2015 at 07:41:35 PM by runtowin
Here are the latest rankings, with a lot of importance being put on results from yesterday at Sac, where a lot of these teams competed. Last rankings will be based on league finals results in two weeks. Good luck to all!
LA City Cross Country Rankings #3
October 25, 2015
1) Palisades: Missing 3 of top 7 today at Sac, they definitely looked vulnerable. At full strength, best depth in City. Going for 3rd straight title.
2) Granada Hills: Keep moving up, all the way back up to #2 now. Dynamite duo up front could make the difference in 4 weeks as the Highlanders try one more time for their 1st title.
3) Santee: Top 2 continue to lead, but a near 4 minute gap at City Finals could spell trouble with a capital T.
4) Taft: Welcome back the Toreadors to the top 10. Good run at Sac today, but not much depth after 5 or 6.
5) El Camino Real: Largely underclass team continues to develop and although not super impressive today, continued development could lead to hardware in a month.
6) Birmingham: Salas had fastest time at Sac today for LA City athletes, but another team with too big a time gap (over 4 minutes today. Will need help there if they want to get auto qualifier from West Valley League Finals.
7) San Pedro: Did not run at Sac today, key dual against Narbonne this week. Pirates have potential to battle for state berth, probably 2nd best depth in City.
8) Bravo: Looked great last week, didnít today at Sac. Definitely could contend for top 2 spot, another team with good depth.
9) Bell: Didnít run today, but they also looked good last week at Bell Gardens. Should win Eastern League handily.
10) Monroe: Beat Poly in their dual meet, so they get the nod at the 10th position. They could win East Valley title and still not qualify for City Finals.
Individuals: Realegeno (Granada) has looked very good the last month, but Salas (Birm) had faster time today at Sac. Sanchez and Perez (Santee) had solid marks today at Sac, but Castillo (Bravo) ran sub 18:00 last week at the Bell Gardens speedway.
1) Palisades: 3 underclassmen continue to dominate, with super frosh Smith running 15:31 at Sac today to lead them. If they continue to run this well, Pali might be able to weather a big drop to 4-5 runners. Dolphins would like to sweep varsity titles, which would be first time since 2010.
2) Santee: Decent run today at Sac, but gets beat by Pali to get dropped one spot. Less than minute gap gives them good shot at 2nd City title in one months time.
3) El Camino Real: Has not showed depth of last year, but they definitely can get it together and contend for a 2nd straight title in 4 weeks. If Estrada is able to come back anywhere near where he was last year, the Conquistadores chances will be significantly improved.
4) Venice: Super run by Luevano today helps Gondos jump into top 5 and puts them into contention for a place on the podium at City Finals.
5) Garfield: Nice trio up front today propels them up, but a lack of depth could spoil any thought of hardware come November.
6) Marshall: Garcia continues to run well, #2 City time today at Sac, but over a 3 minute gap will not get them Fresno bound on November 21st.
7) San Pedro: Good run last week, but did not race at Sac today. Should win Marine League title easily, and decent depth, but needs to drop some time to reach podium.
8) Bravo: Has good depth, but will need improvement to move up to top 5. Should be Southern League champ.
9) Monroe: Has one more invite next week, and should easily win league. Definitely has shot at top 5 or better, will need to put it all together.
10) Granada Hills: Looked OK today at Sac, but is no guarantee into City Finals. Potential to reach podium, but they havenít shown it yet this year.
Individuals: Luevano (Venice) looked great today with his City leading mark of 15:07, but Garcia (Marshall) won his race in 15:16. Hazell (ECR) looked good with his 15:20, and freshman phenom Smith (Pali) continues to impress.
Replies: There have been no replies.
You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.