Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(7): Listener No. 4368: The Name of the Game by Harribobs
IP: 78.32.181.23

One Listener I wish had done. Years ago, I learnt Z80 assembly language on the spectrum, and created a program for Conway's game of life. It was a WOW! moment when I ran it, as it was the first time I had seen the generations created in real time (graph paper with a pencil and rubber was the only method I knew in those days).

Anyway, I just ran this in a GOL generator I have, and a thought occurred to me. It must have taken ages to back engineer the cells from LIFE to get a starting pattern - each cell has so many options, and you get one cell right, producing the next one will/could interfere with one's already created.

Amazing feat.

Nick
(P.S. I have just run the generations in my generator, and after 186 'ticks' there is a static population of 28, with 4 static blocks and two walkers).

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording