Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Listener 4370: Hefbeet by Yorick
IP: 101.109.153.185

I compared the official solution to my submitted solution with some trepidation, knowing how easy it is to make mistakes with a grid full of non-words. I think I managed to avoid any.
I thought it was a tough puzzle, coming close on the heels of Sabre. In fact some of the clues seemed a bit Sabre-like in their clever deceptions. For me it was one of those puzzles that seemed to get harder as I progressed, and it took me ages to solve the last clue, 21 ac.
Apart from the pair of double unches (which seem to be becoming rather common) the grid construction was superb. And there were some wonderful clues. I don't recognise the pseudonym of the setter, so perhaps a new one, but the puzzle did not appear to be the work of a novice. Far from it.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording