Carolyn Bessette Kennedy Message Board

Re(2): New pic from June 29, 1999

Bilder oder Fotos hochladen">

No, no idea Katinka.
There was no further explanation to this pic which is kind of sad.
I wonder whether this is in Japan or China. Are there Japanese/Chinese characters on the door in the background? But then again, the guy in the background on the far right seems to be Caucasian.
Also, the people in the pic seem familiar to me (politicians?). Especially the man on the far left and the woman to John's left. But that could be my imagination.
Could also be an event for some Asian officials.
I tried to google John and Carolyn in connection with June and the words Japanese and Chinese to see which occasion this was (did they make a George related trip to Asia?) but didn't find anything. The only clue could be that the girl who posted this is from Japan. But I still got nothing.

I also tried to find out about Carolyn's dress. It seems to be a strapless silk organza dress with a fringed schal over it, like you said.
But then again it looks like she has the schal in her hand and over her shoulders are the halters that belong to the dress (so it's not strapless). The fringe from the schal is just on the right side but you see nothing of it on the left as you would when she would wear it over her shoulders.

Anyway, the dress looks like it could have been made by the same designer as the one above that she wore at the JFK Library event. But unfortunately I don't know or can't remember which designer that was from.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Carolyn Bessette Kennedy
January 7, 1966 - July 16, 1999
Carolyn Bessette Site
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording