Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots)
IP: 75.69.128.11

I was very saddened today to hear the news that Stone Temple Pilots and Revolver singer-songwriter Scott Weiland, may have died from what has yet to be confirmed as cardiac arrest, while on tour in Minnesota, USA.

I adored this band's repertoire, and loved their intensely charged guitar-driven sound. Weiland has had a long history in the struggle with heroin and other drugs over the years, but was said to have cleaned up and been in better health for this new tour. I'm not sure how well they were received in the UK, but STP was one of my favorites during the nineties. Weiland's lyrics were sophisticated and intelligent, and his forceful voice cut through their sound like a knife through butter. Their performance on MTV's "Unplugged" in November '93 was mesmerizing.

My daughter is a diversified music listener, and after seeing him at a free outdoor concert in Boston, she immediately proclaimed him among the best (and sexy) rock singers she had ever seen live, as well as the afternoon's standout performer in a slew of internationally popular rock acts. Wonderful and singular vocalist, this one. May his spirit rest, and his rock legacy live on.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording