Welcome to mrjeffrey.com's Message Board. Beginning on March 19, 2009, you must post your first and last name, as well as the school you attend or for which you teach in order to use this message board. Otherwise, your post will be deleted. :)
English
IP: 72.10.101.129

Lanette Hernandez
Mrs. Cawley
Academic English 9
7 December 2015
Journal #2, Mice and Men
A statement that I do not agree with states, “ Being rich is more important that having close friends.” I, honestly, do not agree with this because I think that not having close friends is like not having family. Being successful and having a lot of money is a great thing, surely, but wouldn’t a person want to share that greatness with close friends? Being praised is always a good feeling to feel. Eventually, a person will start to feel lonesome. Sure, having friends is good, but having CLOSE friends is a totally different relationship. Having a close friend is like having a brother or sister, they are like family to you. You will have friends if you are rich, but they are probably your friends because of your money. Either they also have money and want to flaunt it too, or they want some of your money. It is nice to have a person that can you can be completely yourself with and not care at all, and not feel judged. That is coming from experience. Being rich can change a person, but having someone close and improve the person you are. To be honest, I’d rather be struggling and have someone there for me , then be super rich and have fake friends or no one.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording