Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(4): Cluesmiths on Only Connect
IP: 62.60.8.150

Thanks for the support everyone - a pity it couldn't quite propel us to the final!

I don't mind admitting I went for a very large drink as soon as recording ended, and (without giving anything away) because I stayed until the end of the series I also drank a large proportion of the winning team's champagne in the bar on the final night - which I suppose was some sort of consolation! Actually, having just watched it back I feel less downhearted than I expected to. Apart from the Dogme 95 question which I should have got at clue #2, I don't think we could have performed much better, and we certainly benefited from having the easier of the two Walls. Our opponents' amazing work on the NT quotations and Lehrer 'Elements' questions alone fully justified their win, and we really couldn't have lost to a nicer trio of people.

I do urge you all, incidentally, to watch the remaining two episodes of the series. If you thought last night's was a thriller ...

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording