Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(6): Listener No. 4377: Russian Roulette by Rasputin
IP: 86.3.132.38

I've not been doing much crossword-wise of late, due to what used to be spare time being taken up with full time junior chess coaching (i.e. afternoons and evenings) on a professional basis on top of a part time (morning) job.

That weekend, I had intended to share the responsibilities of taking my kids to a chess tournament with my wife (one day each) so I could have at least one day off chess, but she was unable to drive, so I decided to immerse myself in a crossword to avoid getting drawn into chess on my day off.

Amazing that it should happen to be a chess-themed puzzle! I guessed almost all of the theme from title and preamble, having been thinking through how to set a similar puzzle myself. Still enjoyed it, though. Well constructed grid, some lovely clues, interesting gimmicks and an accurate possible position in one variation (from analysis) after the game was finished. Much enjoyed it.

The following day (Sunday), a friend emailed me to say that one of my daughter's chess games featured in the Sunday Telegraph. Hence I bought that and had another enjoyable experience solving Ploy's excellent EV puzzle.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording