Welcome to the RAAF Airman Aircrew Association Message Board. It is for all to use whether airman aircrew or not, however the majority of us who frequent this message board are former or current RAAF aircrew, associates or enthusiasts who want to be 'in the know'. We must be certain, however, that we do not disclose any information which may compromise the security of the ADF or its personnel and we also must be certain not to criticise or to pass judgment on others. 'THINK' before you post, or if you aren't sure, 'DON'T POST'. When making a post, you should identify yourself by including both your Christian and surnames as well as providing a valid email address. As this message board is not editable nor can a post be removed once the post has been sent, please contact the following for the amendment or removal of a post: messageboard@airmanaircrew.com.au. Thank you. These are the current emoticons boards2go.com supports and are courtesy of Cybergifs.com: http://www.boards2go.com/smiley.html
Re(1): Bush Fires
IP: 101.178.254.238

Max

28 Dec15 I posted an article with reference to an article C130 Fire Fighting.

You are 100% correct in that this is all about politics Federal vs State while people and properties of Australia burn. Emperor Nero comes to mind!

Budgets are set and no one in Sate Emergency Services Planning is about to see their jobs or positions come under Federal Policy or leadership. Then again the Federal Government has no budget to undertake such a task, indeed the Federal Budget has no money although I am sure as you said if this was an International issue they would find the money, quick smart.

The American Congress decided to put together MAFFS after so many loses of people and property back in the 70's and I gave Warren Truss all the information on this including the fact the RAAF had carried out MAFFS for 2 years for the VIC government. I also mentioned the fact we had given away 9 C10H to our Northern neighbours which would could have been used a does the Americans with the Air National Guard. Unfortunately Charity doesn't begin at home in Australia!

As I said back in Dec 15 which Warren Truss reiterated, there is no political desire or money to take on such a task.

We burn while Canberra does SOD all for us Australians.

Maybe the ALA could add his to their political agenda. Sure as hell would get a vote from myself and I am sure folks that live in or close to bushlands.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

http://www.boards2go.com/smiley.html
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording