Welcome to the RAAF Airman Aircrew Association Message Board. It is for all to use whether airman aircrew or not, however the majority of us who frequent this message board are former or current RAAF aircrew, associates or enthusiasts who want to be 'in the know'. We must be certain, however, that we do not disclose any information which may compromise the security of the ADF or its personnel and we also must be certain not to criticise or to pass judgment on others. 'THINK' before you post, or if you aren't sure, 'DON'T POST'. When making a post, you should identify yourself by including both your Christian and surnames as well as providing a valid email address. As this message board is not editable nor can a post be removed once the post has been sent, please contact the following for the amendment or removal of a post: messageboard@airmanaircrew.com.au. Thank you. These are the current emoticons boards2go.com supports and are courtesy of Cybergifs.com: http://www.boards2go.com/smiley.html
Re(7): Bush Fires
IP: 49.197.86.130

Good afternoon fellas, I have held off until you all have had a great point of view. You are all well versed and very noted airman from our past.

Basic fire fighting.

Why did we not send firies from Qld and NSW to help the WA firies?????
How come the military were not involved in the TRAGIC results of the wildfires thru a complete town????

What now happens to residents from 134 homes that were lost,50/60% were probably not insured???

Solutions.
I agree with you blokes the 10x C130 should have been converted for our wildfire season.
Our country is full of gumtrees, these trees are full of oil and fires love to get amongst the tops of these trees.

Any kind of an a/c that can get amongst these areas is a very worthwile asset.

Nobody in this conversation has any idea about the use of the fixed wing a/c.
Why then are we(taxpayers) fritting our hard earned cash to have 2 a/c sitting on the ground in Richmond???

political decisions

Again I go back to the homeless people of the fire ravaged community who have nothing but the clothes they escaped in.
What are these so called idiots doing to help these people,are the "refugees" going to get homes and benefits before these unfortunate people.

Summery
We are being run by a mindless "heap" of public servents who have no idea of the amount of funds required to keep our FIRIES on line in the states of origin.
They don't seem to have any idea about crew support for other states.
Finally they decide in there ivory towers to bring into country aircraft that are doing naught,NAUGHT.

I have fought fires in Winmalee,in lower blue mtns. St Albans in the wisemans ferry area. Murray bridge in the lower Adelaide hills.

Bob P (Bronco)

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

http://www.boards2go.com/smiley.html
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording