Blanchard Family History Society
Forum

Re(1): Marianne Blanchard, Wiltshire Militia
IP: 50.153.151.71

Hi, checking back, with a possible update. I found a christening for a Marianne Blanchett, father William.
Listed as born 26 January 1800 is Mary Anne daughter of William Blanchett probably Marianne Blanchard)
Christened Penzance, and shown as born 26 Jan 1800 in St. Peter, Liverpool, Lancashire but showing residence as Madron, Cornwall.

Does anyone know if the militia would have been in Lancashire, or were there Blanchards in Lancashire? My grandmum said that one branch had married into the family of someone who was lord mayor of london...don't know if there were any blanchards in that role. Maybe the family travelled with William? There were a series of births in Penzance, but also it looks like some possible ones near Devizes that could be their kids (at Lacock, and Maiden-Bradley). His home church was listed as St. Mary, Devizes, but I haven't turned up his birth information yet. William and Ann Brea/Bray married as mentioned in post in 1797 in Penzance. His regiment was in Cornwall at the time.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Top of Page

crest Blanchard Family History Society crest

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording