Boards2go Support

Re(1): Ad Problems Also

I'm going to chime in to this thread instead of creating my own because I suspect the issues are related. When I went to my board (name: anwylyd) one of the users had posted this:

"without an ad blocker app this site is pretty hard to get onto. I just tried for 5 minutes and I couldn't get anywhere because of the ads- some were really quite explicit."

Not only are the users unable to access the board, but the ads they're dealing with are inappropriate for a public board. I just hope no one is downloading viruses too. This user was finally to post on the board by turning on her ad blocker.

We have tried buying impressions to keep the ads away, but since every bot visit is counted we just ended up wasting money because each purchase worked for less time than the last one. We chose to deal with the ads instead, but our situation is no more acceptable than virus-carrying ads. The only advice I can give my users is to download an ad blocker, which I know you don't want. We would also appreciate some help with this.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording