Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(13): 6 Across by Shackleton
IP: 82.30.176.217

This puzzle was one of the best I've ever solved. It took me ages to solve the clues and find the hidden messages and then I was stuck for several days on the theme.
I tried googling to see if I could find a novel that matched to the messages with no success. Luckily I had recently watched a programme about Britain's overseas territories which had a section on the Falklands and all the other South Atlantic islands and although I'd only have listened to it, it kept nagging say at the back of my brain that the story of Shackleton closing South Georgia could be relevant. Without this lucky break I don't think I would ever have spotted the theme.

I was also disappointed that the misprint to 6 across wasn't sex preamble for see preamble.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording