Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Bun E Carlos
IP: 184.13.106.104

I followed these guys from my teen years (thanks Victor Baker from high school for turning me on to CT). I know Carlos had some physical issues that he had to sit out touring; then Rick Neilsen (Huntz Hall guitarist) slid his son in to do the drumming. Then they wrote Carlos out of a lot of business stuff (including recording a new album). Very messy legal stuff, as he was part of the CT 'corporation.'

I saw them one time on a tour where Loverboy opened for them; a lot of people came for Loverboy...they actually up and left when their set was over.

Finally, I thought it telling about the silliness/superficiality of the--don't vomit when I write this, Martin--Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame when Nirvana, who specifically cited Cheap Trick many times as an influence (Cobain could write some nice pop melodies) were inducted well before Cheap Trick even got a sniff.

I really grew up w/CT and still enjoy them.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording