Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(2): Listener 4396 - The Listener Audience by Pointer
IP: 86.173.227.108

When I come up against an impasse in a Listener I always tell myself to check all the words that I think I know the meaning of, because there will often be some definition in Chambers that will be new to me. I rarely heed my own advice and for a long time, such was the case with PALESTINE.

Once I had found the soup connection it all fell into place very nicely, with some satisfying pdms along the way.

However, I agree with Andy and I don't see the relevance of the explanation " ... TLA, which was invented to be humorously self-referential, should really stand for “three-letter abbreviation”.... " - but it doesn't, according to Chambers it stands for 'three-letter acronym' - I must be missing something!

Also I wasn't sure about the clue to SHEAR - I'd have been happier if there had been an indication as to where the 'oblique line' was to be applied.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed the solve.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording