Beach Boys Britain
Random Thoughts Following Brian's Bostony Symphony Hall Concert

The following are some thoughts that have come to mind after seeing Brian's Symphony Hall show last night:
•Matt Jardine was the standout vocalist of the performance
•Was I hallucinating or did both Brian and Al take shots at Mike during the show?
•While it is spectacular to hear the songs played with the symphony orchestra, I feel as though its presence interrupted the flow of the first set of the night. I think I would rather see the symphony come out to play Pet Sounds and then position the songs that benefit the most from the symphony's accompaniment after Pet Sounds (like they did with Good Vibrations). But...have an opening and closing set of up tempo numbers without the Symphony
•It was great to see Billy Hinsche on stage again. The same goes for Gary Griffin.
•I always miss seeing Darien with the band.
•The Beach Boys really ought to play Symphony Hall again! The acoustics are incredible!
•Brian looks very frail being helped on and off the stage. I can't help but wonder if each time I see him if it will be his final tour.
•Blondie certainly has an interesting technique of playing the tambourine. Also, I think the guitar solo at the end of Wild Honey was a little excessive...just my opinion.
•Having Al on stage with Brian is awesome. I wish they featured a few more songs with Al on lead vocals.
•Nelson Bragg of Rockport, MA was soaking in being on stage at Symphony Hall, taking pictures or video of the audience. My dad listened to his dad on the radio years ago.
•Superb job as always by musical director Paul von Meurtens (I hope I spelled that correctly!)

Lastly, unrelated the concert...Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there!

Brian

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording