Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Listener 4402, Right and Wrong by Tnap
IP: 125.27.47.156

It was easy to slip up in the endgame of Tnap's puzzle so I'm relieved that my submitted solution is correct. When I checked my solution for errors before posting, my brain starting turning to mush and I got hopelessly confused. In the end I adopted a system that was easier to apply and check.

I found it pretty tough on the whole. The early solves flowed easily, but as the grid filled up with an increasing number of wrong letters I struggled near the end. I took ages to get 1d and 31d. No doubt if I had started on the down clues I would have had similar problems with across ones.
I also took ages to track down the quotation. Looking up various words that I had from misprints in the ODQ index proved fruitless, so I carried on solving until I had three consecutive words to enter into a Google search box. "Ye" caused huge problems as I was looking for ALLY, *ALLY, anything but "ALL YE".
I was very impressed by the grid construction. The clues were also very good, with excellent surfaces and some well-disguised misprints (fortunately for this solver some were easy to identify). Thanks Tnap for what was, for me at least, a fairly tough challenge.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording