Beach Boys Britain
Beach Boys at Westchester County Center, White Plains, NY - July 6, 2016

Beach Boys, Westchester, NY, July 6, 2016

Westchester County White Plains, New York

Westchester County Center is an all-purpose venue for theater and enrichment education. They host Music Camp for children in Grades 4 through 12, (roughly ages 9 through 18) Basketball Camp, for children in grades 3 through 9, Girls Volleyball Camp for grades 6-12, Trade Shows, for collectors or vendors to showcase their latest products and even wedding/event planners, alongside NBA (basketball) hopefulls, in their "development league" - the official minor league of the NBA, of the New York Knickerbockers.

Last night the basketball indicia disappeared and transformed into the venue for The Beach Boys. Prior to the performance The Beach Boys (Mike and Bruce) accepted a county proclamation Declaring July 6, 2016 Beach Boys Day. I was delighted to see no on-stage view- blocking speakers, that were there, during C50. I like this much better.

New and stunning still photos/video chronicling their career, with a highlight on Pet Sounds, which ushered their appearance onstage, and guest John Stamos sat at the second kit next to John Cowsill. Lots of Full House fans in the house.

And the setlist from sound man extraordinaire, John Bracken. Thanks!

Surfin’ Safari
It’s OK
Catch a Wave
Hawaii
Do It Again
Surf City - two boys for every girl!
Surfin' USA

Surfer Girl

Summer in Paradise - slides of omnipresent water pollution, tied with a promo fundraiser for a lightweight shawl/scarf at the merchandise table, printed in Hindi and English as a fund raiser tied to direct clean water development. Each clean water development project sector requires about $7,500 in startup costs, which could be looked at as a very low cost price point, to provide clean water in underdeveloped countries.

Wendy
Getcha Back
Why do Fools Fall in Love
When I Grow Up to be a Man
Darlin’
Be True To Your School
In My Room

Don’t Worry Baby
Little Deuce Coupe
4-0-9
Shut Down
I Get Around

Intermission

Towards the end of Intermission, the Pet Sounds instrumental

California Dreamin’ - John Cowsill on lead
Sloop John B
Wouldn’t It Be Nice
Caroline No - Foskett on lead
Then I Kissed Her - Ike on lead
California Girls

Disney Girls - Mr. Johnston on lead (Surf's Up)

God Only Knows - Carl on lead - my favorite last night. The voice bigger than life, surrounded by his blue lights caused many to rise for a standing ovation. NY remembers.

Pisces Brothers

Forever - John Stamos (tribute to Dennis) - Stamos told the audience it was the 15th anniversary of his father’s passing, the same day as my aunt/godmother who had given my a record player (that played only 45’s, at 3 years old, creating a little music monster.)

Do You Wanna Dance? - Dennis Wilson Tribute

Rock and Roll Music
All Summer Long
Help Me, Rhonda
Kokomo
Good Vibrations - Happy 50th Birthday

Summertime Blues
Barbara Ann - with the Westchester County “dancers"
Fun, Fun, Fun

Thanks for the fresh new video/still photos, with emphasis on the Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary, and the switched up setlist (thanks Mr. Totten) alongside the magic sound and video staff.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording