Welcome to the RAAF Airman Aircrew Association Message Board. It is for all to use whether airman aircrew or not, however the majority of us who frequent this message board are former or current RAAF aircrew, associates or enthusiasts who want to be 'in the know'. We must be certain, however, that we do not disclose any information which may compromise the security of the ADF or its personnel and we also must be certain not to criticise or to pass judgment on others. 'THINK' before you post, or if you aren't sure, 'DON'T POST'. When making a post, you should identify yourself by including both your Christian and surnames as well as providing a valid email address. As this message board is not editable nor can a post be removed once the post has been sent, please contact the following for the amendment or removal of a post: messageboard@airmanaircrew.com.au. Thank you. These are the current emoticons boards2go.com supports and are courtesy of Cybergifs.com: http://www.boards2go.com/smiley.html
Re(2): Stan Cooper
IP: 101.183.33.104

I learnt so much about the C130 from Stan and like to think that he gained some respect with my my desire to learn.

I recall that we put into Cocos with crook radar and it was pretty hot and I indicated to Stan that I would give him a hand to change it. I had a light two wheeled trolley which we cliped the APN 59 can onto then ran it down the ramp.

Stan was most inpressed as he was feeling the heats. He said if you want to learn more, I will teach to change the can and sat on the ground near the nose gear.

Few minutes later we have the can on the trolley and I positioned the new one in the well. Next thing Stan says
Who taught you to lock tie and I reported Jim Tully. His reply was good I do not have to get up there and check it.

Did many trips with Stan and learnt much.

in 2000 when at the E model farewell
STAN was talking and Saying "where have all my boys gone" and we started the first role on a table napkin. He said does this mean computers and I said yes. Well that rules me out, a couple of days later I get a letter saying "how do I learn".

Get onto tafe says I and they will send someone down to help.

A couple of weeks later I ring Mrs Stan and explained who I was and she said I know you, your the nice fellow who a sent a lovely woman from Tafe to set Stan up.

I and a lot of us wish you a good recovery and trust all goes well.

Regards

Col

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

http://www.boards2go.com/smiley.html
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording