Beach Boys Britain
Beach Boys at Indian Ranch, Webster, Massachusetts July 10, 2016

Beach Boys at Indian Ranch, Webster, Massachusetts - July 10, 2016

Featuring old Pet Sounds at Indian Ranch…

The Indian Ranch lakeside venue is like none other I’ve seen, amidst a campground space, boats bobbing (catching a free show) a covered Greek and Roman style open air outdoor-style with rising theater seating and close-to-stage seating for The Beach Boys to perform, despite the experts prognostications to the contrary. Pet Sounds cuts “outdoors" is always such a treat.

No video screen effects but leading off with the booming Do it Again (oh, the Great Summer of ’68!) was great compensation and in attendance was a 102 year old woman by the name of Philomena who came to her first BB show at the tender age of 100, two years ago! Upon getting a shout-out from the stage - the audience rose to recognize and applaud her!

And the setlist from Mike Peters…

Do It Again
Surfin’ Safari
Catch A Wave
Hawaii

It’s OK - yes, fun is “in.”
Surf City - two boys for every girl!
Surfin’ USA

Surfer Girl
Wendy

Summer in Paradise - and some words for Water Health International bringing clean water to underdeveloped nations.

So Young - (doo woo style) by The Students in 1958, originated from a group from Cincinnati, formed by Richard Johnson, originally named D’Italians, in 1957, and led by Ike.

Why do Fools Fall in Love
When I Grow Up to be a Man

Darlin’ - Jeffrey Foskett

Be True to Your School
In My Room

Don’t Worry Baby
Little Deuce Coupe
Little Honda
4-0-9

Shut Down
I Get Around

Intermission - and the skies still held back! Yahoo!

California Dreamin’ John Cowsill on lead

California Girls - Massachusetts Girls! Thank you very much!

I’m Waiting for the Day - Musical Director Scott Totten on lead

Here Today - omg - that percussion, Cowsill!

You Still Believe in Me - Ike on lead

Sloop John B - Bruce Johnston - with the Randy Leago flute intro! Sparkling!

Wouldn’t It Be Nice

Then I Kissed Her

Dance, Dance, Dance

Caroline, No - Mr. Foskett

God Only Knows - Bruce on lead - in eternal tribute to the late great silken voiced Carl Wilson.

Pisces Brothers - Beatles lovers like this George Harrison tribute.

Cool Head, Warm Heart - original on a Hallmark CD, with Christian Love doing background vocals, sounding a whole lot to me, like his cousin Carl. Great song! Greater message contained within.

All Summer Long

Help Me Rhonda

Do You Wanna Dance

Rock and Roll Music - if you wanna dance at Indian Ranch!

Kokomo

Good Vibrations - Happy 50th this fall! - a "just in case it rains" purchase - the new black full hoodie front zipped - for GV -1966, with the classic VW bus! Only needed if for a few minutes but will have it for a long time.

Encore -

Barbara Ann - featuring the Barbara Ann dancers led on and off stage by the lovely Tara!

Fun, Fun, Fun

If you want to go to Indian Ranch, you need to get up early after Saturday night! It is an early afternoon show (2:00 pm) is in Massachusetts near the Connecticut border making it a show that is locally accessible to that state and not too far from Rhode Island as well. From young ones, right up to Philomena, at 102 - it was just an after noon of Fun, Fun Fun! Indian Ranch loved The Beach Boys!

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording