Boards2go Support

Ads have gone viral

As someone else said just below me, some of the ads on my board have become totally inappropriate, according to the members.
http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?user=anwylyd

But in addition to that, it seems that they've become a viral menace. I have my own Adblock set to allow non-intrusive ads and show how many intrusive ones it blocks. Today when I was just there, the Adblock counter was flying. By the time I left it was almost to 1000 ads blocked. If the ad actually loads, it's three static pictures for a luxury Italian vacation, taking up a good 3" across the entire screen, and the ad count stops. If it doesn't load it looks like three video buttons waiting to be clicked and the ad counter runs like mad. Since it's located near the bottom of the board it can usually be ignored, but there appears to be something going on in the background I'm afraid might be harmful to anyone who isn't running an ad blocker. There's no way the system should be generating 1000 ads or more over the space of 20 minutes.

I have a screenshot of what it looks like when it doesn't load that I can email if you think that would help.

Thank you.
mimic

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording