Welcome to The X-Files Lost and Found Board.

Having trouble remembering the title or author of a fanfic? Search for it here. Are you a wealth of fanfic knowledge? Please, share it.
But when you post a request, PLEASE be specific in the subject line. Title, author, or genre of fic will narrow down the search and direct
people who may know what you're looking for. Generic or vague "Looking for a fic" subject lines are not helpful, as that's all we do here.
And while off topic posts are allowed, we'd all appreciate an OT in the subject line so we know you're not asking a fic question.
It's all about the fic, so it's all good. Thank you for your co-operation.

And don't forget to check out The Board Guidelines!

OT: Please read - ad issue update

Yesterday I decided to shut off my AdBlock Plus to see what would happen with the stop-watch-fast ad counter. What happened was that it downloaded malware into my computer. The reason the counter was running so fast is that it was downloading auto-play videos! Apparently one of them was also carrying malware because McAfee Adviser popped up a message saying that it had blocked harmful content.

Unfortunately, it didn't block everything. When I connected to the wifi this morning a BSOD warning popped up, saying that I needed to call MS techs at a particular number. If I tried to close it another window opened. We had to use another computer to google the error message and then remove it from my browser manually.

Lesson learned: I'm not shutting off my ad blocker for this site. If you're running an ad blocker, keep it updated and on when you're here. If you're not but you're not having any problems, still be cautious. Whoever B2G is using to supply ads isn't terribly careful about what they provide. I've posted several comments at the support forum about this, and although I haven't gotten any response from CS, the ad counter is now saying 12 ads blocked, so apparently they did something. I'm not going to let my guard down, though, not as long as they keep playing silly buggers with the types of ads they show. I'd suggest y'all be on guard as well, but hopefully this is over. For now.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

The Gossamer Project|Ephemeral|The Annex: X-Files Novel Archive
Homestead Author's Pages|Xffics Author's Pages|X-Files on Live Journal
X-Files Fanfic Lost and Found Message Board FAQ

Smiley Key

Email Administrator
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording