Welcome to the RAAF Airman Aircrew Association Message Board. It is for all to use whether airman aircrew or not, however the majority of us who frequent this message board are former or current RAAF aircrew, associates or enthusiasts who want to be 'in the know'. We must be certain, however, that we do not disclose any information which may compromise the security of the ADF or its personnel and we also must be certain not to criticise or to pass judgment on others. 'THINK' before you post, or if you aren't sure, 'DON'T POST'. When making a post, you should identify yourself by including both your Christian and surnames as well as providing a valid email address. As this message board is not editable nor can a post be removed once the post has been sent, please contact the following for the amendment or removal of a post: messageboard@airmanaircrew.com.au. Thank you. These are the current emoticons boards2go.com supports and are courtesy of Cybergifs.com: http://www.boards2go.com/smiley.html
Senate Inquiry ~ Military suicide & DVA handling
IP: 58.6.221.66

Jacquie Lambie has establish an independent inquiry and investigation into the performance of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) – especially in relation to crisis in Australian Veterans’ health and rising suicide rates. The Inquiry will report back to the Senate by 30 March 2017.

~~JLN Independent Tasmanian Senator Jacqui Lambie has won historic support in the Senate for a motion (attached 1) to establish an independent inquiry and investigation into the performance of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) – especially in relation to crisis in Australian Veterans’ health and rising suicide rates.

The Inquiry will report back to the Senate by 30 March 2017.

“My message to veterans and their families, and even members of DVA who want to blow the whistle is: We now have a historic Senate Committee established which will thoroughly investigate the performance of the Department of Veterans Affairs.

This will be a chance to tell the truth about the dysfunction within DVA and help stop our veterans from killing themselves.” said Senator Lambie. “Veterans are killing themselves at a rate of one every two weeks.

Some reports suggest that the number is 280 since 1999. The government is trying to cover this scandal up through their Department of Veterans’ Affairs, which doesn’t even keep official statistics on the numbers of veteran suicides.”

That’s why last week in Parliament I moved a motion that ensured a Senate Committee will investigate why Australian veterans are completing suicide at such high rates.

The RSL Tasmanian state executive supported this motion.The Alliance of Defence Service Organisations (ADSO) wholeheartedly supported my motion. And I am grateful that all the Crossbench Senators, Labor and the Greens also supported the motion.

As you are about to see the LIBERAL GOVERNMENT tried to stop my motion and opposed it on the voices, but were too scared to call a division.” said Senator Lambie."

Like her or loathe her, she has been able to get something done that the ADSO has been "negotiating" with both sides of Federal Politics for years, just goes to show "Independents" in Federal Parliament CAN have a voice and represent the true Aussie citizen.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

http://www.boards2go.com/smiley.html
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2018  Wedding thank you wording