Welcome to The X-Files Lost and Found Board.

Having trouble remembering the title or author of a fanfic? Search for it here. Are you a wealth of fanfic knowledge? Please, share it.
But when you post a request, PLEASE be specific in the subject line. Title, author, or genre of fic will narrow down the search and direct
people who may know what you're looking for. Generic or vague "Looking for a fic" subject lines are not helpful, as that's all we do here.
And while off topic posts are allowed, we'd all appreciate an OT in the subject line so we know you're not asking a fic question.
It's all about the fic, so it's all good. Thank you for your co-operation.

And don't forget to check out The Board Guidelines!

OT: Some intrusive ads relief

So according to what another board owner found out, the problem with the intrusive ads ISN'T because of anything B2G is doing - it's AdBlock! Apparently they're now selling advertising and replacing the ones they block with their own! Here's a couple things you can do:

1) As Joan suggested in the previous thread, add UBlock to your ad blocking software. The other board owner had this to say: "if you install the Ublock Origin extension, that should get rid of them, but if that doesn't work, go into Adblock's options and un-check 'Easylist' and that definitely should work." That's #2.

2) Uncheck Easylist in the AdBlock options. I installed UBlock(not Origins though) and it didn't work on this board, but unchecking Easylist did. Unfortunately, doing that let ads through on other sites where I wanted them blocked, so for me it's a 2-prong approach - Shut off UBlock just on this site and uncheck Easylist. That took care of every ad I was seeing here.

You can find UBlock at the link below. Consider sending them a donation if you like how it works.

To shut off Easylist, click on your AdBlock icon and choose Options. It should be on the first tab that opens. Mess around with both until you get the configuration that works best for you.

Let me know how it goes. Good luck becoming ad-free again, denizens!

UBlock

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

The Gossamer Project|Ephemeral|The Annex: X-Files Novel Archive
Homestead Author's Pages|Xffics Author's Pages|X-Files on Live Journal
X-Files Fanfic Lost and Found Message Board FAQ

Smiley Key

Email Administrator
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording