Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(1): My Wikipedia Entry
IP: 73.152.155.45

Everyone and no-one. One of Wikipedia's founding principles is that it's intended to *aggregate* information from elsewhere around the web. Nothing should be entered onto a Wikipedia page that isn't already found on some other website, and independently verifiable by anyone who should go looking for the original source.

If you, as the subject of the article, were to approach Wikipedia and say "I'm afraid all that information you've got about me is rubbish; may I set the record straight?" their reply would be "I'm sorry but we can't simply take your word for these things. Rubbish Bit A came from this website over here, Bit B came from that site, etc. If those sources have their facts wrong, you'll need to go ask them to correct their data."

As such, the best way to ensure accurate data on Wikipedia would be for your own website to clearly state the facts, at which point you could be considered the primary source instead of other sites. Odd, but there it is.

As for requesting that your Wikipedia page be taken down, its unlikely that'd last for long (if the request would even be considered in the first place). So long as you're a public figure, anyone can start a Wikipedia entry about you.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording