LA City Rankings #1, 2016 IP: 126.96.36.199 Posted on September 25, 2016 at 08:52:08 PM by runtowin
Hey All, here are the newest rankings. Let me know of any info that would help make them as accurate as possible. Thanks!
LA City Rankings #1
1) Santee: Great 1-2 punch with Sanchez and Perez puts them in the favorite position for D2 this
year. Next 3 runners have come along well, probably will have to beat Bravo for title.
2) Palisades: Nice victory yesterday at Bell-Jeff, shows that Pali has what it takes to win 4th in a
row. Frosh Bentley added some much needed firepower, but not the depth of the past few years.
3) Cesar Chavez: Had a great race at Woodbridge and now with some more backup to front two,
they have decent depth. In hunt for a drive to Fresno in November.
4) (tie) Granada Hills: Macias is now joined with Larbaoui and Martinez to give Granada a sub
20:00 trio. Improved depth puts them in charge of the West Valley League, for now.
4) (tie) San Pedro: Pirates had a nice pack of 5 returning and then add the freshmen Cameron twins,
and you might have the best depth in city. Pirates next run at South Bay Cup on Wednesday.
6) El Camino Real: Fernandez Ramirez looks like a contender for the individual championship, but
she will need extra help to push the Conquistadores to the top.
7) Taft: Decent top 3, but will need to get 4 and 5 runners to at least sub 20:30 to get onto podium
8) Birmingham: 8th in city right now, but only 4th in West Valley. Team coming along well after
losing Salas to graduation. Will need its back end runners to drop some time.
9) Marshall: Jimenez up front leads them, but they will need to close the time gap after that if they
are to get on the podium at Pierce College.
10) Bravo: Corona looked relaxed and easy at Peck Park on Thursday and she should compete for
the D2 title, but they have a tough road to battle Santee in D2.
Individuals: Patricia Sanchez and Jennifer Perez (Santee) are looking great now, but watch out for
soph Fernandez Ramirez (ECR) and frosh Bentley (Palisades) who had a major breakthrough
yesterday at Bell-Jeff.
1) Palisades: We knew they had a super trio up front, but the much improved depth has
them thinking seriously of a top 10 finish at State, as well as another city title.
2) El Camino Real: They looked like a dynasty about to happen two years ago, but now they
seem back on track. Excellent depth for them could push them to 2nd title in 3 years.
3) Granada Hills: Looked solid yesterday at Bell-Jeff, should have a shot to contend with ECR and
Pali come November.
4) Monroe: Great leader in Martin Del Campo, but 3rd may be best they can do. Solid depth for
most years, but might not be enough this year.
5) Marshall: Nice race yesterday at Bell-Jeff on home course shows that they are still a power, even
without Hector Garcia.
6) Bravo: Nice run on Thursday at Peck and did well yesterday at Bell-Jeff. Right now, the
favorite for the D2 title in November.
7) Garfield: Not much depth, but nice run yesterday puts them in the top 10 for now. Will need
to work on depth to have shot at podium.
8) Birmingham: Nice duo in Rivera and Guardado gives them a nice start, but without solid
improvement from 4-5 spots, podium spot may be out of reach.
9) Santee: Another team with weakness at 4-5 spots, but they are 2nd in D2 right now. Expect
them to be ready to battle Bravo for another title in November.
10) Bell: Looked good on Thursday at Peck with some nice depth, could battle Garfield
for the Eastern League title.
Individuals: Justin Hazell (ECR) has looked super so far this fall and is a clear favorite. Keep an
eye out for Pali's trio of Hamer, Pollack, and Smith, and the West Valley pair of Gonzalez
(Granada) and Rivera (Birm).
Replies: There have been no replies.
You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.