Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
My Friends Wear Weird Capes
IP: 72.86.146.62

I spent last Friday night with Rick Wakeman, Jon Anderson and Trevor Rabin. Solid if unspectacular show with Jon hitting all the high notes and Rick mostly subdued until the end when he took his keytar (and Rabin) into the crowd, marching up and down the aisle. Corny but fun.

Speaking of Jon Anderson, maybe it's been a while since you saw the "Spirit of the Forest" video. This was a 1989 charity record to benefit the rain forest and it collected an interesting group of singers, all of whom were allotted one line or a half-line. Check it out if you want to see (among others) Andy Partridge, Brian Wilson, Ringo Starr, Debbie Harry, Kate Bush and Jon. In a clever twist, the flip side of the single was the same song with a different cast of singers, including Thomas Dolby, Donna Summer, Joey Ramone, Iggy Pop, and Jon Anderson again.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ilN_ndi_BA

Staying with Yes, at the beginning of 'Lightning Strikes' from 1999's 'The Ladder' album, they sample the flute intro of 'Phenomenal Cat' from 'The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society'. Your guess is as good as mine.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording