Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Listener 4418, Out Of Line by Sabre
IP: 125.27.58.170

After solving the easy clues (mostly anagrams) I proceeded at a snail's pace and almost gave up when I ground to a complete halt. I had almost nothing entered in the grid and could make no further headway with the clues. I've never failed to finish a Sabre, and wondered if this was going to be my first. After a break I decided that a complete grid of jumbles might be unsolvable so speculated that the title might be telling solvers that one letter must move. Then it became apparent pretty quickly that the rogue letters moved to the front and I began to enjoy the solving again.
There was the usual collection of superb clues from the master - 4d and 20d were brilliant, and the deceptive syntax in 31a had me tussling with that clue for ages.
While making a last-minute scrutiny of my entry I double-checked the system of substitutions and spotted an erroneous Q in the unchecked cell of 24d. I don't know whether this was a deliberate trap, but I almost came a cropper. Phew!

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording