Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(3): L4422 - from the setter
IP: 86.132.109.2

I find your post a bit insulting, Chris. You seem to have used my mention of being happy with the hare being in the preamble and indicated that I 'decided to cheat'. I was quite clear and upfront in my post that I look at AB when I have finished solving simply to see what others thought of the puzzle. There normally aren't any hints and I have never ever used it to cheat. In this case there was discussion that led me to look at my grid again, but I wouldn't have claimed victory. I don't cheat and doubt I would describe what I had done on here if I did.

I think that the letters of HARE starting at the H of VEHEMIC and finishing at the E of JOE BLOW are in a continuous straight line. 'I guess 'continuous' was used instead of the more normal 'contiguous' because there is a space between H and A in the preamble, but of course it equally justifies the spacing in the grid HARE. Similarly I guess 'letters' was used rather than the more normal 'cells' because hare was in the preamble, but it could equally be because one of the double letter cells was involved. Finally SEARCH AREA can be traced running through the middle of HARE in the grid so to me it meets all the criteria in the preamble.

You are entitled to your view, but you shouldn't be knocking others for theirs.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording