Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Azed 2,323
IP: 86.140.245.243

In the version printed in my Observer, there is a lot more wrong than the repeated snafu over the rubric. The grid, as printed there, is symmetrical, but shows 29ac as 5 letters long, whereas the clue says (6, 2 words), while 32ac is shown as 6 letters long, whereas the clue says (5). I have just looked at the on-line version and see that the grid there is not fully symmetrical - surely, very unusual - but that the number of letters given in the clues for 29ac and 32ac each corresponds to the number shown in the grid. The answers to 1dn together with the apparent answers to the other two clues confirms that that the on-line version is correct. No wonder I was struggling with the intersecting down clues, having assumed that the grid was correct and that the clues to 29ac and 32ac had simply been transposed in error. What a dog's breakfast!

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording