Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(1): Two Questions -- Unplugged and Julie Profumo
IP: 73.152.155.45

Hi B, and welcome.

1. The closest thing to an unplugged session would be Martin's annual Golden Afternoon gig, performed every September in the UK. No recording of those shows has ever been formally released, but bits and pieces can be found on YouTube. All of the other formally-issued live recordings that I'm familiar with feature a fully-plugged backing band.

2. I'm only aware of two studio versions: the original 1985 one on SONGS FOR A FALLOW LAND, and the more polished 1987 one on GOING TO ENGLAND (which also appears on a couple of greatest hits packages). My favorite version, though, is from 2015's Golden Afternoon show at St. Giles-in-the-Fields church in London, which I was fortunate enough to attend. The acoustics were great, and made the word "away"—from "love will slip away" at the end of each chorus—reverberate around the room brilliantly.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording