Welcome To Martin Newell's Message Board
The Karma Scene. A sort of board for messages on the Martin Newell website which also pretends to be a pub. Get your first pretend pint free. Don't pretend to be shy.'
Re(2): Two Questions -- Unplugged and Julie Profumo
IP: 65.213.219.66

I concur with my steamed colleague. While there is no true Guv Unplugged live, you can come close on Bandcamp with the six April Fool demos that are part of the Cleaned Up Collectibles set. Just Martin and his guitar.
I was going to recommend the similarly spare Stopping Train demos but that CD seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. It was originally a bonus disc from KoolKat but it's not on their website anymore.
Its companion volume English Electric is on Bandcamp, perhaps Stopping Train can join it there?

Which Julie you prefer may come down to how you feel about scat singing. Martin does it on the fancy version but not on the lo-fi one. Fun fact - the version performed live for French radio in 1994 was released as "Julie Perfumo".
P.S. You'll find the occasional Julie reference here in the pub, but we're actually talking about a different Julie.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

See you again soon
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording