Southern Oregon Racer's Message Board

Prostocks facebook Photos SOS on facebook SOS Website Roseburg Website Yreka Website
SOS on mylaps.com Roseburg on mylaps.com Yreka on mylaps.com
Re(1): Southern Oregon Speedway's 2017 Schedule!
IP: 97.94.224.13

All of the showcase races are still there. The Haudenshild, Wild West, Skinner, Dwarf Car Nationals, even Street Stocks. The Haudenshild race was moved to avoid conflict with Yreka. That weekend is an open wheel night now so IMCA guys can support the Arnberg/Hittson race. There may be another announcement (Hopefully) regarding that open wheel night. Plus, the Cascade Sprint Challenge, $3000 to win wingless race in August.

Trying a few different things with the future in mind. Sprint Cars going in a different direction, and it looks like this will lead to some fresh young faces in the pack. Open Stocks is now Late Models and more new cars are coming. Pro Stocks are in house again and will crown a track champion, no big rule changes and a guaranteed purse like the other classes. Hornets, Mini Stocks, Late Mode Lites (formerly Super 4's), SODCA Dwarf Cars and OTRO Hardtops, all very important.

IMCA is back for Sport Modifieds and Modifieds. Drivers wanted it and have gotten it. Now it's time to race and show what these classes are made of. I'm liking the spirit and camaraderie being displayed by the Sport Mod guys. They are anxious to go racing this year.

The Lon Skinner Race. Waiting for the word on all of that. But, I think the key to making that race pop the way it should is organization and information. Once we know where everything is, the word has to get out to the racers. And, we need to focus on getting done quicker. This is John Skinner's baby, but I know how much it means to him. There are challenges to getting a better car count for the big prize money John offers, especially since guys take that week off to get ready for Boone, but we can do it better. An early start in getting ready and being ready on race night is the key.

There is a guy I hope to see be honored this year. I favor a special race in his honor. That's still being discussed, but we have a Hall Of Fame night in August. Medford racing has a proud tradition going back decades, and it's time to start acknowledging that.

It looks like 2017 is shaping up to be a great season. The Kart schedule isn't out, but it will be. There are some details being worked out, because this will be a bigger year than last year. Plus, the banquet. We'll be getting all that worked out very soon. These kids are the future of Medford racing.

Looking forward to making 2017 the best season we've had in a while. There's still work to be done, but I think everybody will work together to make it happen.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

How to use Emoticons

Racing Links
Tracks Associations Drivers
Southern Oregon Speedway NASCAR Ken Irving Racing
Siskiyou Motor Speedway World of Outlaws Machen Racing
Douglas County Fairgrounds UMP Jacksonville Racing
Douglas County Speedway IMCA Bounds Racing
Coos Bay Speedway ASCS Wade Koens Racing
Cottage Grove Speedway Dwarfworld.com Duby Bros Racing
Willamette Speedway USRA Monte Bischoff Racing
Shasta Raceway Park ASA Kellen Chadwick Racing
Reno-Fernley Raceway SODCA Mini O1 General Lee Racing
Grays Harbor Raceway JSSTA Kniffen Racing
Las Vegas Motor Speedway Outlaw Prostocks facebook Poppa Racing
F. B. Racing
Misc. Racing Links Message Boards
Pure Octane Images 2012 SOS Photos Randy & Gino Southern Oregon Racer's Board
SOS 2009-2011 Photos Medford.craigslist.org Cottage Grove Racer's Board
Shadows of light 2013 SOS Photos Intersection Masterpiece Replicas Yreka Racer's Board
RacingWest MyLaps.com Willamette Speedway Racer's Board
dmoz Auto Racing Directory Rapp Racing facebook Northwest Race Talk
Old Medford Raceway Photos Northwestracer.com Southern Oregon Speedway facebook
Circle Track Racing News OnTheRoad Douglas County Speedway facebook
ChasinRacin Photos
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording