Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(1): Listener 4434 Addresses by KevGar
IP: 95.63.108.21

I too enjoyed the double letter gimmick, and the whole puzzle in fact. It took me longer than it should have done to get the theme and I was only aware of two of the addresses. I did see AULD LANG SYNE, though I am not sure if it was a red herring or merely adding thematic context to the grid, but appreciated either way. I had the wrong HAGGIS highlighted for a while - mine was symmetrical but zigzagged - and I wasn't overly sure which was correct because IS seemed the wrong way around in the straight line. I was under the impression that where we put two letters in a cell the convention was to imagine a diagonal from NE to SW so that words across and down could be read correctly. I have no idea where I got that from and must be wrong. Anyway I plumped for the right HAGGIS in the end.

Congratulation Gail.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording