Beach Boys Britain
Frankie Valli Question

On Sunday morning I was watching one of the morning news shows and they had a story about performers who lip sync in concert. Personally, I don't know why someone would pay money to go to a concert to see a performer lip sync. I've debated this with my high school students who have gone to see artists such as Britney Spears in concert. I asked them if they knew that she was lip syncing at times (and she was one of the performers mentioned on yesterday's show). The kids didn't care. They were just as interested in the dancing and the whole overall performance...not just the music. I remember a few years back when someone accused The Beach Boys of lip syncing in concert, which we all know was about as stupid a comment as one could make about them. In fact, I thought Bruce had the best response, indicating that he took it as a compliment that they sounded so good that people thought they were lip syncing. Anyways, this brings me to the point of my post. While looking at some Beach Boys concert videos on YouTube on Sunday, a recent clip of Frankie Valli in concert popped up. I'm a Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons fan and although I've seen Jersey Boys I've never seen Frankie Valli in concert. As I watched the video, the same day as having seen the lip syncing story on TV, it looked very much to me that while his back up singers were singing live, he appeared to be lip syncing his lead vocals. I then looked at other recent concert videos of Frankie Valli and it still looked to me as if he was lip syncing. I'm curious...has anyone seen Frankie Valli in concert recently and were his vocals live? I don't know for certain that he was lip syncing but would certainly be disappointed to find out that my hunch is correct.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording