Beach Boys Britain
Orange Concert NSW

Firstly a HUGE thanks to Bruce for the tickets and passes.

Arriving at the park for the concert as I am still having drama with my foot from the fall at the BBs show in November 2015 I was able to wangle a car park through security directly behind the stage.

Watched the Temptations part of the show I had forgotten how groups of that era moved in sync on stage. It wasn't long before they had a good crowd up dancing. Thanks fellows.

Went backstage to see the boys. First to great us was Bruce and greeting us like long lost friends...what a bloke hey. Scott came over and I mentioned a song I would like to hear. Bruce and Scott both said, no no no please not that and please don't mention it. So I guess I can't. My next choice was in the set list so that was good.

Had a great chat to John, now there is a character. He told us he bought a cap with Wagga Wagga embroidered on it. He was fascinated by the double barrel name. We have others like it, Gumly Gumly and how about Goonoo Goonoo.

Being on the coach from Wagga Wagga to Orange the boys would have seen more of country NSW than 75% of the NSW population has seen. People from the cities really don't have much idea of the country and rarely get out there.

Bobbi and I would like to thank the boys for making us welcome. To the beautiful Tara for organising it for us and for remembering my name is spelt with a Y and not an A. That girl is a treasure.

I must apologise to Jeff for not recognising him in the tent. I don't know if it was my eyes not working, the lighting or my memory. Sorry mate.

Mike, Bobbi says thanks for the wave as you were walking up the ramp to the stage.

Back to the concert. It was a first class performance from the very first song and boy were they tight and on fire.

As you can see by the set list it wasn't long before the dancing began. I didn't see anyone leave early even though the temperature had dropped to 12 degrees Celsius and most of the crowd had shorts and short sleeve shirts on. The women had even less.

The set list courtesy of Bruce is as read.

Safari
Catch
Honda
Do it Again
Surfin USA
Surfer Girl
Still Crusin
Don't Worry
Deuce Coupe
Shut down
Get around
Kiss me baby
Your so good to me
Dance dance
Hear music...my second choice seeing as I wasn't allowed to mention my first choice.
Fools
Grow up
Darlin
Cottonfields
God-Carl on screen
Pisces
Paradise
Cal dreaming
Sloop
Nice
Kissed her
Cal girls
Wanna dance
All summer long
Rhonda
kokomo
vibes
encore
Barbara Ann
Fun Fun Fun

35 in all.

You know how sometimes you get shows that far excel others you have seen by the same band...this was one of them.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording