Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Listener 4435, The Harmony of Ratios by Ifor
IP: 101.109.150.4

What a superb puzzle possibly the best in the last couple of months. The grid was perfectly Ximenean, with the thematic entries symmetrically disposed. This seemed absolutely right for a puzzle with ‘Harmony’ in the title. Then there was the execution of the theme, with so many thematic features packed into the puzzle. It was a brilliant piece of observation by Ifor to note the coincidence in the lengths of the titles and creators.
Because of errors and gaps in my 'castaways' (a wonderfully apt clue gimmick) I saw the melody and composer before I could see the programme title and ROY PLUMLEY, which possibly prevented me from jumping the gun and writing the latter below the grid.
I confess that I didn't get the significance of the witty title until somebody enlightened me. Lovely.

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording