Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Re(1): Listener Dinner 2017: arrangements for Friday evening and Saturday afternoon
IP: 194.70.64.54

Very enjoyable research!

Many thanks for everyone's suggestions and recommendations.

Almost certainly the best pub for tomorrow afternoon's pre-prandial session is The Central Bar, aka Head of Steam (Half Moon Lane, Gateshead NE8 2AN. Open from 1130am, it has the facility of an upstairs room and adjoining snug - very comfortable and ideal for our needs, although we shall have to buy our beer downstairs. Ales today were, for those interested: Leeds Pale, Leeds Yorkshire Gold, Rooster's Highway Fifty One, Camerons A-hop-a-lypse Now, Fell Brewery Nestor, Charnwood Try Hopped and Durham Black Bishop Stout.

Walking from Jurys, turn right out of reception and follow the road alongside the Tyne past the Baltic Exchange and between the Sage and the Millennium Bridge. When you are standing directly under the Tyne Bridge, walk up the steps to your left and up the (quite steep) hill to the right of the Bridge (still overhead): The Central Bar is at the top.

The locals seemed to think that the Free Trade, the Cumberland, the Cluny, the Schooner and others were just a bit too far away and more complicated in terms of directions. But I have some good news: I'm off to try (some of) them now.

I've sketched out a plan for those arriving this evening that involves the Newcastle side of the Tyne Bridge, with luck the Crown Posada won't be too busy; anyway, there are plenty of options for food and drink in the vicinity of Sandhill/Side/Dean St. See you in the hotel bar at around 6-630. If you arrive late, I'll leave my contact details at the bar.

John

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording