Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration      Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links      Hall of Fame      Miami scratches      Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Result of last night's Fronton Mexico Star Match

Ohlaran-Ekhi 30 Olha-Portet 20

From esto.com.mx (Google Translated)

Ekhi made delirious the Frontón Mexico
Mexico, 2017-03-15 23:56:59 | Writing THIS

BY FERNANDO SIERRA FELGUERES

PHOTOS: JORGE BARRERA

With the score 8-6, Ekhi hits backwards in box 12 of Frontón Mexico and when everyone expected him to "pull", he threw a "Guillermina" that made me stand up. Not all the public because maybe they did not know what it was, but I repeat, it made me applaud as I had not done for a long time.

The "Guillermina", for all those who do not know, is a "shot" backhand to two walls. It was great and after that we could have all gone from the pediment; The night had already been worth it.

We wanted to emphasize that play, which unfortunately is practically in danger of extinction and that yesterday Ekhi dared to realize it. Hopefully in this new season of jai-alai Mexico, there will be more "Ekhis" who dare, try it and like that "Guillermina", let's soon see other types of plays that are spectacular and are leaving in oblivion. We've had 7 games this season and my eyes still do not see a "rasa al width". What's happening to us?

The star game ended "street" 30-20 in favor of the reds Olharán and Ekhi over the Olha and Portet blues.

We were expecting more showy plays from Olharán a couple of days ago gave a great game. Ekhi, in addition to showing off in the aforementioned, had another two or three plays of excellent manufacture. Olha made shots of "costadillo" that took the applause of the respectable and Portet, who has good postures and a setback that can make him look on the east pediment, had flashes of good jai-alai.

FOR THIS THURSDAY

In the first match will be measured Juan Leon and Osorno against Ortega and Perez. We will have to see the debut of both Osorno and Perez and check whether Ortega repeats the good performance of his debut and Juan Leon the shots he achieved in his previous commitment.

For the stellar, luxury, no doubt, we will be watching Laduche and Lopez playing before Eguiguren and Irastorza. Again a confrontation between the two best backers of the picture and possibly the world. We hope to see Eguiguren with the joyful, varied and forceful game that has come to me not only in Mexico, but in frontons of La Florida. And Laduche will have to see him "dressing" with three of the best pelotaris in the world.

For the match that closes feature, we will see Aaron and Hirigoyenberry against Sierra and Ituarte.

Tomorrow we will be broadcasting the star party. Do not miss it!

It was the star party of the night, Olharán and Ekhi red VS Olha and Portet blue, having won reds.

Original Story (Spanish)

https://www.esto.com.mx/253442-ekhi-hizo-delirar-al-fronton-mexico/

Will link to directly below

Will put together blog post as I find more. There is more. Coming later.

Star Match article

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording