Beach Boys Britain
Bergen Performing Arts Center - Englewood, New Jersey - March 29, 2017

Bergen PAC - Englewood, New Jersey - March 29, 2017

Bergen PAC has it all - including an organizational executive named Brian Wilson. No I am not kidding. They provide performing arts access to 35,000 students, including 10,000 underserved students. They offer dance, music and theater, thorough year-round classes and summer camp activities.

Last night The Beach Boys were on deck with more deep-catalog treats in this acoustical masterpiece restored building. And the setlist from Mr. Acoustics - John Bracken!

Surfin’ Safari
Catch A Wave
It’s OK
Little Honda
Do It Again
Surfin’ USA

Surfer Girl
You’re So Good To Me
Good To My Baby

Why Do Fools Fall in Love

When I Grow Up to Be a Man
Darlin’
Getcha Back - 2016
Be True To Your School - Rutgers!

Kiss Me Baby
Let Him Run Wild - Scott Totten!
Summer in Paradise - and a great live version on Made In California!
Dance, Dance, Dance

Ballad of Ole Betsy
Don’t Worry Baby

Little Deuce Coupe or as my youngest son used to sing it - Little Two Scoops - as in ice cream!

4-0-9
Shut Down
I Get Around

INTERMISSION

California Dreamin’
Sloop John B
Wouldn’t It Be Nice
Then I Kissed Her

California Girls - the lovely New Jersey Girls (that would include the lovely Tara!)

Their Hearts Were Full of Spring - BB quartet in this fabulous acoustic roundhouse!

Disney Girls - a Happy 90th Birthday dedicated to a lady named Jackie in the audience. What better way to spend a B-day than with the Boys!

The Warmth of the Sun

God Only Knows - the Great Carl on Knebworth lead - and a smile that would melt an iceberg!

I Can Hear Music - Ike - belted out this Ellie Greenwich classic!

Pisces Brothers - we like seeing George Harrison and the "TM Class of 1968!"

All This is That - collaboration among Carl Wilson, Al Jardine and Mike Love on Eastern Wisdom
and Transcendental Meditation formally taught to all the Beach Boys by Marishi Mahesh Yogi circa late 1967 to 1968. Great small percussion and from Randy Leago - sounds like a “live studio” effect!

Sail on Sailor - John Cowsill on brilliant lead in the footsteps of Carl Wilson, Blondie Chaplin, Ray Charles, Brian Wilson. Released in 1973 and 1975 and used in the soundtrack of the film "The Departed."

Do You Wanna Dance - with Dennis Wilson! (and the striped shirt BB’s!)
All Summer Long - with band intros!

Help Me Rhonda - great Mr. Keys Tim Bonhomme!

Kokomo

Good Vibrations - celebrating it’s Fiftieth academic calendar birthday!

Barbara Ann

Rock and roll - tribute to the late legendary Great Chuck Berry - an idol of Carl Wilson complete with iconic photos.

Fun, Fun, Fun

Love Bergen PAC - Performing Arts Center - would love to see them strike a deal with some local parking lots for more parking- even negotiate an after work-hours deal with some of the local businesses — for the chariots that get us to see The Beach Boys! Other than that - a perfect show at an acoustically perfect historical restored venue! Englewood loved The Beach Boys!

Replies:
There have been no replies.

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Email:
Subject:
bold italic underline left align right align center align url email image move quote horizontal rule

Link Name:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording