Part Time Fire Inspector Jobs IP: 188.8.131.52 Posted on April 9, 2017 at 07:49:41 PM by Scott Heims
This was sent to me via email if anyone is interested:
Techstaff is currently authorized to recruit and hire three part-time Assistant Fire Inspectors.
Please let me know if there is someone I can call as this is a great opportunity. The description is below.
NATURE OF WORK
An employee in this class is responsible for serving as a part-time Fire Inspector. Work is of average difficulty and includes limited responsibility for enforcing fire prevention codes. Previous experience in this activity is required as employees exercise some initiative and independent judgment in performing the less difficult inspectional tasks. More advanced inspections, which are performed under the immediate supervision of an experience inspector or supervisor, are also important aspects of work in this class. Employees must be capable of maintaining accurate records, drafting complete and concise reports, and performing tasks requiring light to moderate physical exertion. Most activities are performed in the field, requiring the operation of a lightweight motor vehicle in traveling among work sites as well as extensive public contact.
This is a part-time position and work schedules vary and might include nights, weekends and holidays on a regular or irregular basis. Work is reviewed through consultations, observation and submitted reports.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
· Conducts fire prevention inspections of commercial, industrial and multi-family structures including childcare facilities, apartment houses, theaters, and places of public assembly; inspects existing structures and facilities under construction for compliance with fire prevention ordinances. Inspects for: placement and accessibility of fire exits; type, number and placement of fire extinguishers; heat from electrical service and boxes; placement and pressure of sprinkler systems and heads; use of required fire retardant materials; placement and functioning of heat and smoke detectors; conformance to occupancy requirements; and, other fire hazards and potential hazards. Informs owners, managers and other responsible parties of violations detected; explains corrections necessary and date by which corrections must be instituted; issues citations when voluntary compliance is not obtained.
· Conducts public information programs, explaining fire prevention and safety measures through lectures, demonstrations and audiovisual presentations.
· Receives classroom and on-the-job training in the inspection of liquefied petroleum gas installations for proximity to potential fire sources, fire containment provisions and adequacy of security measures.
· Maintains records of scheduled and completed assignments; documents findings in narrative and statistical reports; drafts written summaries sufficiently detailed and accurate for use in legal proceedings.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Working knowledge of: fire prevention laws, codes and ordinances; fire prevention and inspection techniques; building materials, construction practices and mechanical systems related to fire prevention, fire suppression, and the safeguarding of lives and property from fire; firefighting principles and practices.
Ability to: enforce fire prevention codes and ordinances firmly, tactfully and impartially; prepare written and oral reports and impart them effectively; perform tasks requiring light to moderate physical exertion; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, law enforcement and inspectional services personnel, builders, property owners, and the public.
Fire service experience including previous experience as a Fire Inspector is preferred.
Successful completion of 30 college credits (18 of which must be in the areas of fire science/administration, emergency medical service, business or public administration, or industrial education with a major in fire science/administration).
Preference will be given to former Tampa Fire Rescue employees who left in good standing.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- A valid Florida driver's license.
- State of Florida Fire Inspector's I certificate.
Adam A. Mainzer, SHRM-CP, ASA-CSP & TSC
"Serving the Tampa Bay area since 1992"
PO Box 341526
Tampa, FL 33694
http://www.techstaff.com/ Replies: There have been no replies.
You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.