Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration      Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links      Hall of Fame      Miami scratches      Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Re(1): Fronton Mexico

Hi William.

Ticket prices are $150 and $250. They pretty much fill the place on Saturday nights. They changed the Tuesday matches to Friday. From what I've seen, Fridays draw pretty well. The place holds about 1800 for Jai Alai. I link to all their relevant web, facebook, and twitter pages from my recurring FM blog page

http://basquepelotaupdates.blogspot.com/p/fronton-mexico-recurring-results-page.html

will link to directly below

You can look at the Facebook page for links to their ticket broker and see which sections cost how much. If you link to "videos" from the Facebook page you can see for yourself the size of the crowds.

It is my understanding that there is live only wagering on both the partidos and quinielas (they offer 3 partidos (1 best 2 of 3 sets, 2 30 point) along with 2 5 point quinielas (6 player singles matches). You can see their schedule from the link to "live" at the top of the main web page. I don't know how that wagering works, but you can hear the bookmakers calling things out if you listen when watching the matches.

They have a two tier roster that has 7 elite players that cost a lot: Egiguren, Lopez, Olha, Olharan, Etxeto, Inza, and Tambourindeguy (all of whom played in the summer partidos in the Basque Country last year). Irastorza played 7 matches and then left to go back to the Basque Country. Most of the rest of their players are Mexican veteran professionals, young Basque players (Ekhi, Laduche, Portet, Del Rio, and Aaron), and journeyman Basque players (Ihitsague, Hirigoyenberry).

The entire roster contains about 30 players.

So on a good night, if you have an attendance of, say 1,000 at, say $180-200 per person... I'd say they are doing pretty well. I was pretty amazed by the ticket prices but, apparently, in a city that size, there is a market at those prices.

The matches I have seen, by the way, have been of very high quality.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if I've missed something or gotten something wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

Links to all FM electronic outlets

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording