WELCOME TO THE LANCASHIRE FUSILIERS MESSAGE BOARD.
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT THERE IS NO NEED TO REGISTER TO PLACE A MESSAGE ON THE BOARD. HOWEVER, IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL IF YOU WOULD PLEASE GO TO :DATABASE FORMAND COMPLETE THE FORM.
Abusive, Anonymous, and Messages that do not meet the Mission Statement will be deleted and you will be banned from the site.
Note: Please take care when entering your email address. i.e. No Spaces! Please enter your email address as someone might wish to contact you direct and they can do this by clicking on your name at the top of your message and your e mail address will come up for them. Leave the LINK NAME, LINK URL, and the IMAGE URL Boxes blank. Enter a password of your choosing this will let you edit post after they have been posted. Once your message is ready to be posted Click PREVIEW POST to check what your message will look like once on site. If you are happy with with your message then Click POST. Your message will now go on the site Messages posted in the last 24 hrs. are in White.
:SMILIES (Emoticons)
St George's and Gallipoli.
IP: 86.177.239.225

Safely home after a most enjoyable St George's and Gallipoli weekend in Bury.

The weather was kind to us and as usual, the good folk of Bury turned out in their hundreds to line the route and support us, wonderful.

A very big turnout of veterans, in the drill hall we only just managed to get them fitted in to 3 ranks across the full width of the Drill Hall, well done the veterans.

I had the honour of being the inspecting Officer and believe me,seeing them all so beautifully turned out and with such proud bearing, got me quite emotional.

Many thanks.

Saturday night dinner in the Minden Suite was also a great success, great food, terrific staff and excellent company, a man could not ask for more.

We made presentations to our 2 principal guests, WO1 ( retd) Dennis Robinson BEM of the 1/8th Bn LFs, they of Kohima fame, and to Mr Kevin Parrot, who was one half of the magnificent duo who made the top of the pops hit with "Matchstalk Cats and Dogs". Poignant that L S Lowry used to lecture in the room where we were dining!

Minden Dinner will be on Saturday 29th July at 1930 hrs.

You may be pleased to know that this Minden Dinner will be under the control of this web site, so we shall have it exactly as we would like it to be.

Names to me to book in the first instance, no payment required just yet but I shall require payment up front sometime in the near future.( probably 35 a head if we can manage it)

We will put a dining list on the front page of this site.

Tired now, so once again, many thanks.

Joe.
Omnia Audax XX

Replies:
There have been no replies.

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Password To Edit Post:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright 2000-2010
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording