Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk
Discussion forum for Jai-Alai Heaven
Foro de la discusión para el Cielo de Cesta Punta

hits since 8/12/03

Chalk Talk Registration      Participación en Chalk Talk
Useful Links      Hall of Fame      Miami scratches      Dania scratches
Question of the Week Archive (10+ years)

Technical question about back court offense

I've been watching the FM Star Matches (as well as one can, given the video quality, but it's taught me to watch the players if I can't see the pelota and also to listen closely for catches and two wall shots that arent' really visible). I've noticed a lot of long two wall shots by Lopez and Ekhi. Also that Del Rio seems to go out of his way to use forehand and overhand shots. Three questions.

1. Am I seeing more long two wall shots in these Star Matches than I see at Dania? If so, how much of that is because FM is so much longer of a court? And how much of it is due to talent?

2. Is the strong use of forehand shots one of the marks of talent of a back court player? Is the underhand backhand more or less a way to keep the point going, or are they thinking about chulas or chic chacs?

3. What is the proper mix of offense/defense for a back court player? I noticed (how could you not) that Lopez will simply take over a game and start scoring winner after winner (if he gets in front of the 10 line, its pretty much the end of the point). Does it have to do with temperament, talent, point situation, all three, as to when a back court player decides to turn on the offense?

Thanks for any help on this.

Replies:

You must register before you can post on this board. You can register here.

Post a reply:
Username:
Password:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:

Do you want to post on Chalk Talk?
In order to post your own messages on Chalk Talk, you must first register as a member.
USE THIS LINK >>> Chalk Talk Registration <<< USE THIS LINK to register.
Do NOT use the link above the posting box that says 'You must register ... register here'. It will not work.
Please report problems/questions directly to the Den E-mail: rsbassociates at mindspring dot com
Tiger's Jai-Alai Chalk Talk logos, format and graphics copyright © 2003-2017 by RSB Associates
Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording