Derek Harrison's Crossword Message Board

Please do not discuss (or even mention) current puzzles until after the solution is published. The moderators reserve the right to delete messages which do not have a valid Email address.

Message Board Rules

Listener #4446
IP: 218.215.25.186

Perhaps this site is playing up, or my computer is, because mine seems to be the first post on Dysart's brilliant puzzle 'Edwardian Pioneers'. (When I was first aware of Derek's indispensable site, every Listener brought an immediate flood of comments. That seems, for some reason - a less generous readership? - to have lapsed.)
I loved this puzzle. A topic patiently awaiting its puzzlemaker; a lovely symmetrical grid, with no entry shorter than (5) (no easy achievement, even without constraints), the thematic entries nicely allocated a line each, a tough but scrupulously fair set of clues, an endgame both pleasing and tricky, which may well have brought a few stumbles at the final hurdle. Congratulations and thanks, Dysart. (Interest revealed: I had, some years ago, tested the puzzle, but, as I recall, in a rather different form: so much so, that it wasn't until THE CHANKLY BORE struck a distant gong in my memory.)

Replies:

Post a reply:
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Link URL:
Image URL:
Check this box if you want to be notified via email when someone replies to your post.

Create Your Own Free Message Board or Free Forum!
Hosted By Boards2Go Copyright © 2000-2015
Our Sites: Wedding address collection  Wedding thank you wording